Thursday, January 09, 2014

E.R.

(written 1/7/2014)

I knew bad things are possible to happen in 2014 but I did not expect it to happen so soon. This morning, nakagat ako ng tuta, yung anak ni Clay na binigay na namin sa kapitbahay pero bumabalik pa din sa 'min minsan. Hassle, sure. But what makes it worse was that galing ako sa shift and wala pa 'kong tulog. Dapat natutulog na 'ko pero dahil inabutan ko ng pagkain ang nangungulit na tuta, eto ang napala ko. 

So I rushed to the nearest hospital and I was advised to go to the emergency. I told the guy in scrubs that I was there because of dog bite and he took my health card and asked me to take a seat. "Saan ka nakagat? I heard someone else asked. I looked at him and it was from a pretty boy sitting at his desk wearing a white blazer - the doctor. I knew it, I felt it, I am pretty sure my face brighten up at that moment. You know the shy smile - look down the floor kind of thing girls do? That happened. Maybe the other staff noticed I just fell in love right there, it's embarassing. I showed the doctor the wound on my hinlalaki, just above the nail. Then I thought that the best thing I did the day before was get a manicure. Siguro kaya din ako nahiya was because the wound was super tiny. If ever there were bully doctors they would say "ohh, you should worry for your life, this spreads pretty fast." But he didn't. He just said "oo nga no" when he saw my small but terrible wound. My chair was beside his desk and I knew, mako-conscious na 'ko. All of a sudden I didn't want to move. I was pretty sure I stank, I could smell myself. So I pretended that he was Bilbo Baggins with the ring on and I couldn't see him. No, there was no one there. Because I can't look at him. If he catches me looking at him I know I will break out into shy giggles, and then the blushing will happen. I did check out his white blazer though. And his fingers too. I wanted to know his name and see if he is married. Yeah yeah, I went that far. Well, I learned he is a Christian! His name, at least. And he doesnt have a ring. :)

While waiting I thought about checking my phone but I realized I left it at home, which may not be a bad thing really. Because I promise you I thought about posting a photo in Instagram. Imagine a patient taking pictures of the emergency room. I might have done that, but I didnt have a phone. So instead, I took out a pen and started writing these notes on a Meralco bill envelope. I wanted to impress the doctor, I wanted for him to find me weird. "That's right Doctor McDreamy, I am scribbling notes and it's all about you".

There was this staff, a girl, who walked up to him to ask his help in reading a prescription or a note and he read it as "santa claus", jokingly. It was supposed to be scoliosis or something. The girl laughed. I laughed inside. Any girl will laugh at his terrible attempts to be funny.  

May kamukha siyang artista pero hindi ko maisip kong sino. Then it hit me - Gerard Anderson. No kidding. Hospitals should have good looking emergency doctors. They help patients feel better, almost instantly.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

anong say mo?