Monday, January 06, 2014

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014

2013 for me has been a year of closed doors and new beginnings, of trying and failing, of healing and moving on, of learning and appreciating new things, of giving away and letting go, of waiting, of stepping out of comfort zones, of building and creating, of dreaming new dreams, bigger dreams.

It was a tough and challenging year. I used to be this annoying jolly person but this year, something sucked the life out of me and before I know it, I am now this grumpy old maid. In 2014, that's what I'm gonna be working on - to be positive and excited about life again.

I listened again to some songs I got to know last year and I must say they brought back some feelings. These are beautiful songs but they carry memories with them. And they're not always happy, say for example the ones I was listening around the time Ate Tita passed away. It was a sad time and I remembered how it felt. 

Then a thought hit me. Sana this year someone or something happens that will introduce me to new songs. I'm ready for some new ones. Songs that are just as beautiful, just as meaningful.

I should add that 2014 is gonna be the best year ever. I want it to be the best year. But the truth is I don't know that. What I do know is this - life is never trouble-free but we are not meant to be losers, defeated by our circumstances. The Lord promises victory in any situation for His children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

anong say mo?