Sunday, January 29, 2012

Nung mag-trip ako sa Bacolod

So I just went to a solo trip in Bacolod. Ito yung trip na trip lang talaga. Meron kasing piso fare ang Cebu Pac last year and natripan ko lang i-try kung meron pa. I chose a date, picked a destination, then confirmed. So there, I was going to fly to the city of smiles in January 2012. Parang ganun-ganun lang 'yun.

So the date came. I went out with friends the night before and I had cold feet. I was feeling a sense of adventure days before pero bigla akong nakapag-isip ng tama, parang ayoko na lang. Pero sinabihan nila 'ko na ituloy ko na din. Baka raw makabuti sa 'kin ang bakasyon. So ganun na nga.

You know how I felt about this trip? A big joke. Nakalimutan kong magplano para dito so I went there with no place to stay, no itinerary, and no sleep. But as the cliche goes, it's not just about the destination, but the journey. I had a goal - to get there and find a place to stay kasi antok na antok na 'ko. And I took it one step at a time.

Another thing I learned about travelling - it's about knowing a new place. I crammed in reading about Bacolod, and when I started going around, the maps and the articles started to make sense. Feeling ko ngayon it's just the next town to Taytay. I think I know it more than any other towns in Rizal.

When I got there, there was this incredible street party for Chinese New Year and the Ilonggos know how to party. Hahaha. As in dancing in the street, performers of different genres everywhere, tyangge, inuman and street food! It was unfortunate that I needed to sleep, pero nagising ako sa putukan when it hit midnight (partida looban kami) so I knew it must have been a great celebration.

And the languange. Ganun pala yun. You don't understand them when they talk, but you'll get used to not understanding them, as long as they don't talk to you. Haha. And they have this funny accent. Funny in a good way. It's malambing so it gets kind of soothing, mapapasmile ka. Tapos when you hear something you sort of  know to immitate, matatawa ka.

So here's a video about this whole joke. Haha. I wanted to make a video to this song so this was my opportunity. Hehe.

Uhmmm...first time ko nga pala makasakay ng eroplano. :)


when in Bacolod from Si Raqs on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

anong say mo?