Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Little Black Dress

Nagkaroon kami sa office ng medyo dressy lang naman na year end gathering. I planned to wear the blue knee length dress my cousin wore on her senior prom, kaso malas ko hindi na mahanap kung saan tinago (she's now a college junior, asa pa 'ko). Sa mga ganitong pangyayari, napakadaling magdecide na 'wag na lang pumunta, sa totoo lang. Walang gastos, walang pagod, walang awkward feeling, walang okray. But I felt defeated na I let circumstances dictate my mood or choices. Something tells me it's about to be 2012 already, and I should now be willing to stick out my neck like a turtle. 

Whoever said that every girl should have a little black dress, was right. I bought one a few months back just for that reason and it was my savior that night. I bought a pair of gold shoes to match, did my own hair and make up, and there, pwede na daw sabi ng nanay ko. Haha.

Some girls go out looking like this almost everyday, but not me. I hardly go out and party. I was just comfortable at home, watching TV or reading something and I feel more productive this way. And this coming new year, this is what I'd like to do more of. Not to party more, but to come out of my comfort zone, try new things, and invest on experience. 

I had many terrible photos of me of that night, pramis, so please allow me to rejoice about those that I think are good enough. Haha. Minsan lang po talaga ako makatsamba sa picture.





Dumiretso kami sa S Lounge pagkatapos pero kinailangan kong umalis agad. Hindi ko naman ata maeenjoy ang gimik habang napupuyat ang nanay kong naghihintay sa akin. Pagdating ko ng bahay, narealized kong gutom ako, so hinubad ko ang gold heels, nagpalit ng tsinelas, and went out to eat. While my friends were grinding in Opus, kami ng nanay ay kumakain sa lugawan, suot ko pa din ang fancy gold necklace at ang black dress. Pagkatapos ay nag-order kami ng coffee to go, yung tig P12 na nabibili sa kanto-kanto. Haha. And I was thinking "me looking like this (awesome), and mom looking like that (perfect), talking about meaningful things over kanto coffee and hot pandesal, priceless". Hindi ko ipagpapalit sa S Lounge, Republiq or Opus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

anong say mo?