Sunday, September 28, 2008

I won a coffee maker

I won a coffee maker in our office raffle. But I have a little secret. Prior to that, I didnt really want to win. Why? I dunno, it has something to do with being the center of attention. A lot of people are watching and anticipating who's name will be called out to win...say...an electric fan! And there something about it that makes me feel, people are ridiculing the whole thing. The winner gets to be made fun of, and bring home something for it. So I had this attitude na, "inyo na lang 'yan!" And everytime a name is about to be called out again, I was crossing my fingers, praying, "sana hindi ako, sana hindi ako." Hehe, seriously. Talk about anti-social no? At ayoko namang bastusin ang grasya, pero, couldnt they pick a nicer prize? There's nothing cool in bringing home an electric fan, or a Pensonic TV.

Then one raffle time, we were having a little coaching time with TL and some teamates and not really minding the raffle going on. Actually that time, I had a lot of additional raffle stubs, like 12 of them, but I didnt drop them in the drop box. Has to do with not wanting to win. Then in the middle of our team coaching I heard the announcer say our team's name. Sabi ko pa, "Team Chester daw." Then the announcer said, "Si Raquel". Ang bilis. Split second. Casually, my TL and I walked over the raffle area to claim my prize. I was thinking, "This is it. Ito na ba yun? Is this really happening to me?" I needed to pick out an envelope so they know what prize I get to win. Parang double-raffle. Double jeopardy. Double-dead. Tapos picture taking, and the winner has to model the prize. So picture me, all smiles, showing off my new coffee maker. =) Rock on!

Kasing bilis nangyari, ganun din kabilis natapos. Ganun lang pala yun, and the experience wasnt as dreadful as I thought. It really wasnt so bad at all! Para lang pala akong batang takot sa bakuna, because the needle spells pain, pero after the injection, parang kagat lang ng langgam. My TL being there with me has a lot to do with it. Parang bakuna din, takot ka, but if you're mom or dad is with you, you don't get as scared. Ganun lang pala yun, I was thinking. After that, I was hoping sana yung DVD player ang nakuha ko. Parang batang takot sa Anchor's Away, pero after the experience, hoping sana sa Space Shuttle sumakay.

When I became an adult and started to take my life seriously, I started being on the safe side. I wonder, what next "ganun lang pala yun" moment I will have, and how many of them I will get in the future, if only I will get out of my comfort zone.

Hindi naman namin nagagamit sa bahay yung coffeemaker. I just know my nanay is the happiest with me winning that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

anong say mo?