Saturday, December 03, 2011

Intoxicated with the Man of Substance


Habang ang karamihan ay nasa bakasyon at lakwatsa noong Thanksgiving long weekend, I was just at home watching lots of TV.

As I was switching channels, I caught "Grow Your Own Drugs" on the Lifestyle Network and my first thought was "nice try to be clever with titles". Tapos nakita ko yung host; pretty face, british accent, nice smile, nice arms and shoulders, looking good in jeans and shirt. The next thing I knew - I was actually watching the show.

So maybe it wasn't just his looks that caught my attention. Totoo naman eh, he was actually talking about something to me was interesting - the benefits we get from fruits, plants, and herbs. And people close to me know that I am starting to embrace this stuff. Pero to be quite honest, habang half of me was saying "ah talaga, ganun pala 'yun.", the other half naman was saying "shocks, this is the kind of guy for me! We can talk hours about this kind of stuff! We're perfect for each other!" Hahaha. Really, I never knew na merong plant geek na ganito ka-cute. Always before, when I think of botany, ang naiisip ko, either si Ernie Baron, or yung show na Ating Alamin. But this guy? This is the type you introduce to your 'rents. They will complain about their arthritis and he'll gladly boil them some leaves that will relieve the pain. Ohh..they will love him! And...I'm also thinking...I should stop right about now because I'm starting to sound scary! Haha.

So this are some of what Wikipedia has to say about him:

At the age of 27, Wong became the presenter of his own television series Grow Your Own Drugs. The award-winning BBC Two series demonstrates a number of natural remedies sourced from plants, and soon became the highest-rated gardening series on UK television. Wong has also authored the two best-selling books that tie-in with each series of the television show.

Dahil din sa google, nalaman kong there were rumors about him being gay kasi he's a famous garden designer in England na equivalent daw ng pagiging male hair-dresser or interior decorator sa amerika. What? Hindi ko alam kung matatawa ako o mapapa-iling. Pero hindi yan ang deal breaker, dahil hindi naman ako convinced na bading nga siya. Ang alam ko kasi depende yun sa sexual orientation hindi naman sa hilig. Pero nabasa ko rin kasi na he believes in evolution and Charles Darwin is his hero. So bago ko isipin kung maganda ang tunog ng Raquel Wong and how exciting magkaroon ng anak na british accent, I've to do some reality check, we have different core beliefs! (Kung makasalita naman ako parang there's a chance in a million years na magkafuture kami together. Eh alam ko naman na lagi siyang busy sa research and taping. Haha. Ayaw talagang tumigil.)

Gay or not, Darwin worshipper or not, it doesn't change the fact that I like what he does and I will still try to catch the show if I can.

Ngayon kung ang tanong eh, if interesting pa rin siya sa 'kin kung hindi siya good looking...uhmmm...kapag fanatic na din ako ni Ka Gerry Geronimo, dun ko masasagot 'yan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

anong say mo?