Sunday, September 14, 2008

Get Yourself Together, Girl!

Last Monday it poured so hard the route I was taking was flooded and it was so traffic, I was late at work and so are some of my colleagues. It normally takes 15 minutes to get from Tikling to Junction, but that floody night it took me 2 hours! I guess that's still okay, that's beyond my control. But I was also 20 minutes over lunch, because I overslept. Sobrang antok I must have just turned off the alarm when it went on, and went back to sleep. Nagising ako nagriring phone ko, I thought it was the alarm, but oh no, it was my TL calling me. I knew what that meant right away.

After a few minutes, TL asked if I wanted to go home, I said yes. Authorized time-out = undertime= underpaid.

Okay, it wasnt so bad. Though I went overlunch, atleast I showed up to work. Late is better than absent. I was convincing myself. But I still didn't feel right about it. I knew I wasnt being the best I can be. Lately, all I was looking forward to was my break so I can sip hot choco and lunch so I can sleep zzzzzzz (snore here). And oh, not to forget, I was always glancing at my Tl's station waiting for him to call out "guys, press aux meeting, aux coaching, aux training, aux petiks." In short, I didn't really want to work anymore.

Going home in the wee hours of the night, I was thinking why TL asked me if I wanted to avail the ATO. Why me, why not my other teammates? I was paranoid, I was starting to think TL was pissed off at me, he was getting irritated at the sight of me and he had to get rid of me! Or maybe, I just looked so 'tinatamad' and uninterested to him, when there was an ATO slot up for grabs he thought I might be interested.

I admit losing interest and enthusiasm. But thinking about getting a new job, elsewhere, maybe not. This place is a blessing to me and I have taken that for granted.

I gotta get myself together. I cannot pride on being a striving good girl without being a diligent worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

anong say mo?