Sunday, August 10, 2008

Screwing up a Date with Destiny

Our youth service ended up almost 8:00pm last night so it too late for me to attend Gencon, but too early to go home. So I went to Tikling anyway and went to an internet shop. I left after an hour, but I still didnt feel like going home just yet. I haven't been to the new Starbucks in SM Taytay so thought I should go check out the place. It was jampacked, with no extra seats available. Besides, the people there were mostly by pairs or in groups, ako lang ang nag-iisa. And I didnt like the lighting. Ang liwanag. Kitang-kitang ako, dyahe. So I left and and went to Chowking in Tikling. I wanted a frap, or hot choco, but there's none so ended up with Nai-cha. After finishing my drink, I still didnt feel like going home. Sabi ko I'll walk my way to Mocha Blends. I like walking at night. Nakakarelax, ang dami mo maiisip. I used to do that when I used to stay in my aunt's house in Guadalupe back in college. From Boni, I would walk to Guadalupe Bridge, the Pasig river under me, the MRT above me and the bright and huge Guadalupe billboards before me. Then in my head a coldplay song would cue, it feels like a movie scene. Yeah, that's a scene in a script I write in my mind.

Back to Taytay, when I was almost in Mocha Blends, I saw a familiar back walking from the parking area going to the coffee shop. A crush. Okay, I don't have a bf and I don't sleep around, so I think it will not make me a bad person if I admit that I have some few crushes.

Ito yung tipo ng crush na, he doesn't know a thing or two about me, but if he sees me, he would know he's seen me because I go to their church, and we've been introduced to each other. I've also experienced speaking more than two words to him, and it was a dreadful experience. Pinagtawanan ako ng kasama ko, para daw akong iiyak sa kaba.

I actually had to stop by somewhere to decide if I really want to go in. Do I really want to? Kaya ko ba? I was asking myself, nakuha ko pang magpulbo. =) Then I thought, there's nothing to lose, and come to think of it, I've been to a few stops that night but something was telling me there was one place I still can go to. And we arrived there almost at the same time, how magical is that? (Okay, nasosobrahan ako sa kakapanood ng movies ni Julia Roberts).

I was able to manage to get my feet walking towards the shop. He was inside, I picked a seat outside. I was trying to act normal. I couldn't confirm if he saw me, but I was thinking he did. And that got me nervous. I took out my phone na lowbatt it has already died down. I pretended I read a text, and I stood up, look around and started walking away.

And that's how our date ended. I didnt even say goodbye to him, poor guy. =)

As I was walking back enjoying that, and laughing at my geekness, sa sarili ko, I imagined what I was wishing would happen. Actually, I think if it happens to anyone, pare-pareho lang kami ng naiisip. We will notice each other, he will think he has seen me before, he'd join me, and we would finish our drinks together.

I have to shrug my shoulder. Those kind of stuff happen in movies. Seeing him that night is good enough. Besides, I still do not know if he is the kind who would want to walk in Edsa beneath the bright lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

anong say mo?