Wednesday, July 23, 2008

He Put the Happy in my Birthday


I am 26 years old! Ngee...im getting the anxious feeling already. You see, once you get over 25, it automatically feels you're 30.


When I started getting letters addressed to me and when kids and inaaanak come by on Christmas for their gifts, I started feeling like an adult. It amazes me how I was able to get to Baguio last summer with a few church girls who are younger than me. I am not a scared girl anymore!

Something inside me though still feels like a 7 yr old kid. Nahihiya pa din ako, naiiyak, natatakot.

My birthday this year is specially challenging. A few days back, I was anxious if there will be a 'happy birthday'. We are kinda in the middle of something at home, and I was hoping a for gift from above- a birthday prince charming. If I look around me, it still is an ordinary day, and the prince charming is stranded.

Given this situation years back, I would have slit my own throat. Kidding. I guess what I mean to say is, I used to be a very negative person, but God came to my rescue and has planted his peace in me. Not everyday is a good day but God is always good.

I'd like to quote Kuya Kevin: If we want to understand how much God loves us, we simply need to look to the cross.

Good and bad things will happen to us in our life. One thing that will never change—Jesus Christ loved us so much that He died for us.

That is how I know God loves me.

I had a blast on my 25th year. Sobrang saya, I could even say life begins at 25.

I got a new job. Met new people. Learned new things. Got kilig-ed. Lots of kilig. Got broken hearted. Have I mentioned that I had a lot of kilig moments? Laughed out loud. Heard the funniest jokes. Cried myself to sleep. Grown deeper with my relationship with the Lord.
To everyone who has been a part of my amazing 25th year, may you be a family member, an old friend, a new one, or someone who's ministered to me without you knowing (Kuya Kevs, PJ, Pastor Paul, Joyce Meyer, etc.), you are all given to me by God. Thank you.

I am excited with what the Lord has in the box for me now that I am 26.

No comments:

Post a Comment

anong say mo?