Thursday, May 01, 2008

De-stress and Be Inspired

The day we came back from Baguio pumasok pa ko, and last sunday, I was gising practically 24 hrs because I was in charge of the program sa overnight sa church. I thought kayang daanin sa tulog, I didnt know nag-build up na pala ng stress. Last week I even had to be absent a day because I really wasnt feeling well the entire week. Ang sakit ng likod ko, parang may pilay, and because of this I was having fever on and off at nagkasipon din ako.

I knew I was stressed. So I wrote out a list of ways I can de-stress:

1. Listen to music.
2. Pray and reflect and be thankful and be positive.
3. Get a body massage.
4. Sleep.
5. Watch comedy movie/ tv shows para matawa. Nakakade-stress daw ang pagtawa.
6. Exercise.
7. Eat healthy.
8. Read Bob Ong books again.
9. Be inspired. Find an inspiration.

Been listening to Barbie's Cradle Playing in the Fields, and a few Hillsong's on the side. And I had a Thai massage last week. Sarap. Nawala sakit ng likod ko. I'm feeling better, the treatment plan is working. I bought a dvd of That 70's show, but I got more hooked in Prison Break. We finished season 1 over the weekend and I'm almost through with season 2. Season 3's next.

Now about that last thing on the list; I ran into a colleague sa restroom, and as I was walking, he called me and said, "Raqs, kelangan ko ng inspiration." Now I can say I can identify with that. Our job is challenging, but it can get it boring. It's routinary, but stressful. Money is a good motivator, but you need more than that to get going. Mine is a minor case. I got pretty good reasons to be thankful. I am far better off now than I used to be years back, and that is because I God has blessed me and gave me peace that I didnt get anywhere else. But still, there are those days, you feel so tired and uninspired, you whisper to yourself "somebody shoot me please." Now, iba yung pagod ka, pero inspired ka. Even if your killing yourself working, as long as inspired you keep going, eh? As I've said, mine's a minor case. God's peace makes the difference. It keeps me on my feet, I can still say "God is good". These days make you think, and reflect and talk to God, and listen to the voice within that tells you, what is it that makes you happy. I know in my heart, that is from God, telling me to seek what my heart desires, and pursue it, the desire He Himself planted there.

I also wrote out a list of things I can be inspired with. Just writing about them makes me excited, and inspired already...


No comments:

Post a Comment

anong say mo?